Transfer Credit Services

The Mission of Transfer Credit Services (TCS) is to facilitate the evaluation of undergraduate transfer credit awarded by the University of Maryland and to provide information and assistance to transfer advisors and prospective students. TCS is a joint effort between the Office of the Registrar and Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

Students and advisors generally work together to decide how courses fit into a student's individual academic program based on the awarding of transfer credit by the University. The evaluation of undergraduate course equivalencies and acceptance of transfer courses at the University is determined by the department that oversees the scope and content of the subject matter. At present the University of Maryland has over 300,000 current and historic evaluations in the Transfer Course Database.

Students who have already been admitted and are currently enrolled at the University of Maryland need to have a final official transcript sent to the Office of the Registrar upon completion of all courses and any degrees at previous institution. The transcripts should be sent to:

Office of the Registrar
University of Maryland
1113 Mitchell Building
College Park, MD 20742

Useful Transfer Student Resources:

  • Information on undergraduate admissions requirements, including questions about application materials, admissions process or to verify receipt of any materials to be used in your application (including transcripts), please visit the the Office of Undergraduate Admissions website or contact them directly at
  • Assistance with planning to transfer to the University, assessing readiness to transfer and estimating time to degree completion, visit the Pre-Transfer Advising Program or contact them directly at
  • Questions about the acceptance and evaluation of undergraduate international transfer courses for newly admitted students, please visit the the Office of Undergraduate Admissions website or contact them directly at
  • Current students who want to verify that their transcript has been received by the University, contact the Office of the Registrar's Records and Registration Services at