The Transfer Credit Services's Mission is to facilitate the evaluation of credit for transfer students and to give
information and assistance to transfer advisors and prospective students. This is a joint effort between the
Office of Undergraduate Admissions and the
Office of the Registrar.
Students and advisors will work together to decide how courses fit into a
student's individual program, while our roles is to provide information on course equivalencies,
credit reports and articulation tables. At present we have approximately 300,000
current and historic evaluations in our online database,
accessible via Transfer Course Look-Up.
Newly Admitted Students should review their preliminary transfer credit evaluation via their UMD unofficial transcript. Click here for instructions on how to access and
interpret the preliminary evaluation. Please note students must have confirmed their admission to UMD prior to their transfer credits displaying on the UMD unofficial transcript.
This typically takes 10 business days after admission is confirmed.
Current UMD Students will need to obtain permission from their Advising College prior to taking courses away from UMD.
Failure to obtain prior permission could result in the course(s) not be accepted by UMD or applied to your degree requirements.
For questions pertaining to course equivalencies at other schools or to have a new course added to the Transfer Course Look-up online database, please email us at email@example.com.
We respond to emails as promptly as possible, but we do ask for your patience while you wait for a reply. Please make sure to include the course syllabus when requesting for a course to be evaluated. A majority of our Departments require
this to make an evaluation. Please take time to review our Frequently Asked Questions section prior to emailing us.
Useful Transfer Student Resources:
- For information on admissions requirements, including questions about application materials, admissions process or to verify receipt
of any materials to be used in your application (including transcripts), please visit the the
Office of Undergraduate Admissions website or contact them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For assistance with planning to transfer to the University, assessing readiness to transfer and estimating time to degree completion, visit the Pre-Transfer Advising Program or contact them directly
- For newly admitted UMD students with questions about the acceptance and evaluation of international coursework, please contact the coordinator of international credit at email@example.com.
- For current UMD students with questions about taking courses internationally, please contact the Education Abroad Office at http://www.international.umd.edu/studyabroad/. All international courses taken away from UMD must be approved by your advising college and the Education Abroad Office.
- For assistance with transfer credits from an education abroad experience, please contact the Transfer Credit Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For current students who want to verify that their transcript has been received by the University, contact Records and Registration Services at email@example.com.